There will be one last FREE 2-Day Domestic Violence – Alert session running next week! DV-Alert is a two-day nationally recognised training program that enables frontline workers to confidently: RECOGNISE signs of domestic and family violence (DFV); RESPOND with appropriate care and REFER people experiencing or at risk of domestic and family violence to appropriate support services.
Completion of this training provides:
- A Certificate of Attainment for the unit of competency CHCDFV001 – Recognise and Respond Appropriately to Domestic and Family Violence
- Points for professional development, specifically for nurses Continuing Professional Development/CPD hours of the mandatory 20-hour requirement for annual registration; 13 Continuing Nurse Education/CNE hours of the 30-hour professional development annual requirement
PLEASE NOTE: To register for the DV – Alert session you must be:
- A current Western Sydney University Staff member
- A Current Western Sydney University student working in a paid or voluntary capacity at the University (when registering, please note your current relevant employment position and organisation)
- A Western Sydney University student working in a paid or voluntary capacity (external to the University), as a childcare worker, frontline community worker or a frontline allied health worker.
Student Leaders are also encouraged to apply.
For more information on DV-Alert, please visit http://www.dvalert.org.au/education-and-training/2-day-workshops/multicultural-workshops
DV – Alert session:
Date: 12th and 13th June
Time: 9.00am – 5.30pm
Venue: Bankstown Campus
Registration Link: https://lifeline.jobreadyplus.com/terminal/online_book_course/2752
As places are limited, please register at your earliest convenience to ensure you secure a place in the training.
Published: W’SUP News